Wednesday, April 13, 2016

a side step.

I am writing this sitting in a hospital room with my mother. She suffered what I pray, is a little set back.
The details are spotty as is her memory of today's events. She went to the dentist and while chatting with the business office, she suffered a seizure. They called 911and transported her to the hospital. I received the call around 10:30 and got here around 11:15. She was still a little confused but NOTHING like her post stroke condition. 

While in the ER, a tech came to get her for a CT scan, at that time I noticed the left side of her face was twitching. I wish I had know what that meant! The tech thought nothing of it and wheeled her out of the room. About 30 seconds later they abruptly returned, my mom stated she was going to vomit. I looked at her and she was in the grips of a seizure. If you have never witnessed one, it's very violent and terrifying. 



I quickly got out of the way as  staff and machines entered the room to care for her. I was taken to a family care room where I waited for a doctors to come talk to me. He arrived and told me she did indeed have a seizure. They needed to run tests to see if she had bleeding or any growths in her brain. They later told us there is no bleeding or tumors! Praise God! 


She remembers little of her morning, It is slowly coming back to her. She's on medication to prevent seizures and tomorrow she meets with a neurologist. She's staying here overnight, to monitor and figure out the cause. 

I would like to thank the amazing hospital staff, my awesome neighbor for willingly taking a crying three-year- old while I went to the hospital, Anne for chauffeuring Julia home from school and Jaci for rushing to town to help. Superstars!!



2 comments:

  1. I am sending you hugs, love and good energy since I can't hug you in person. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete