Monday, October 5, 2015

My eyes are over here.

Kathie had her mega dose of therapy this morning. She had asked me yesterday, if I thought she was getting better. I prefer to be honest, I said that she was getting there but one big social issue is eye-contact. I will ask her a question or vice-versa and she won't even look my direction, or may continue walking away. 
She spoke with speech about that today and she was given some tips on social interactions. 

Everyone is learning. Mom is learning how to handle social interactions, Daniel is learning how to work the hospital elevators ( "I not push yellow button!" Aka the emergency call button--oops!)
And I am learning to take less for granted and where all the Daniel-friendly places are around the hospital ( we usually have 2-3 hours to keep busy while mom works at rehab)




No comments:

Post a Comment